Magnesium L-threonate powder (778571-57-6) video
Magnesium L-threonate powder Specifications
|Molecular Weight:||294.495 g/mol|
|Chemical name:||Magnesium (2R,3S)-2,3,4-trihydroxybutanoate|
|Solubility:||Soluble in DMSO, Methanol, Water|
|Storage Condition:||0 – 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months)|
|Application:||Magnesium L-Threonate is the most absorbable form of Magnesium Pills. It is used to improve memory, assist with sleep, and to enhance overall cognitive function.|
Magnesium L-threonate powder (778571-57-6) NMR Spectrum
If you need COA, MSDS, HNMR for each batch of product and other information, please contact our marketing manager.
Magnesium, as we know is a master mineral, very crucial for health – mainly for the brain and our entire nervous system. Magnesium – a divalent cation (a positively charged ion), is significantly important for proper formation of neuronal circuits as it binds to neurotransmitter receptors and is a co-factor for neuronal enzymes. It has been identified fundamentally to help reduce anxiety, depression and neurological issues. In the functional medicine arena, most of the health experts feel the need for supplemental magnesium for their patients in their practices. The current Recommended Dietary Allowance for magnesium is between 300 and 420 milligrams/day for most people, usually obtained through diet. However, the estimated average requirement (EAR) for magnesium is not obtained through diet. A scary statistic is out there. This eventually leads to magnesium deficiency which can cause some serious health issues like traumatic brain injury, neurological disorders, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases, headache, stress, traumatic brain injury, seizure, and bone-related conditions. That is where various forms of supplemental magnesium come into the picture. However, there is a predicament around the use of magnesium available as supplements for intellectual and mental health problems – they do not seem to get easily into the brain. A revolutionary form of magnesium – Magnesium l-threonate, seems to be helping here.
Revelation – Magnesium L-Threonate powder
Commonly available magnesium supplements are touted for better absorption and so is Magnesium I-threonate. This is achieved through better bonding of magnesium molecules that help to improve the stability, rate of absorption and effectiveness. Magnesium I-threonate is the most recent form of magnesium. A team of neuroscientists from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Tsinghua University in Beijing developed Magnesium I-threonate with fusion of magnesium and I-threonate, a metabolite of Vitamin C. This wonder supplement easily maneuvers through the protective filter of brains to reach the place where it needs to. Magnesium I-threonate not being natural is trivial as its benefits are immense.
Naturally available in Epsom salts, Magnesium sulphate is not easily absorbed by the body and hence has some side effects as well. Mixing threonic acid and magnesium, Magnesium I-threonate is formed as a salt that can easily move into the brain from blood. Earlier this could only be achieved with intravenous delivery. As per the animal research this is also the most effective way to induce magnesium into the brain cells.
These Magnesium I-threonate supplements have proved to be the most effective source to support cognitive functioning and form the family of nootropics in conjunction with prescription medications.
Magnesium I-threonate functioning
Modern diet lacks magnesium and in addition, commonly available medications further dilute the level of magnesium. In many countries including the United States, less than 50% of the population meet the recommended daily intake or allowance (RDA) of magnesium. Although the brain needs a high amount of magnesium, the maximum concentration exists in the blood.
Magnesium is pivotal for many neurological functions and conditions that includes:
- Major brain injury or damage
- Alzheimer’s condition
- Attentiveness disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Parkinson’s disease
- Seizures and Schizophrenia
Ironically there is not a sufficient amount of magnesium that ends up in the brain region, restricting its effectiveness. This is where Magnesium l-threonate supplementation becomes necessary to replete magnesium insufficiency, especially when people who are not consuming adequate magnesium through food sources show a declined neurocognitive state and related symptoms.
Functioning of Magnesium l-threonate
- It penetrates through to reach the right area of the brain, where magnesium supply is required.
- It improves the brain’s ability to advance and develop that helps for consciousness and learning to occur.
- It helps in vitalizing the development of new brain cells.
Magnesium I-threonate powder Benefits
- Magnesium has many health benefits. Taken in the right proportion, it is known to elevate mood, boost resilience to cope up with stress, enhance ability to concentrate and focus, boost energy and improve the quality of sleep. It also eliminates morning brain fog (a condition of confusion, poor memory, and a lack of concentration and focus and mental clarity) – a common sign with Vestibular Migraine
- The brain’s ability to change is neuroplasticity (also known as neural plasticity, or brain plasticity). This flexibility ensures that the brain is able to forge new neural connections (neuronal junctions) and affects learning, memory, behavior, and general cognitive functions. Brain plasticity plays a key role in brain’s aging process, with a loss of plasticity resulting in a loss of cognitive function. Research on neuroplasticity or brain plasticity is increasing and health experts and scientists are discovering that increasing neuronal cell magnesium levels can elevate synapse density and plasticity, improving overall cognitive function. It is also showing promising results to aid in “rewiring” the brain in occurrences of traumatic brain injury and mental health issues. Any magnesium supplement may not be beneficial to address the issue—Magnesium l-threonate has been reported to cross the blood-brain obstacle to effectively elevate magnesium levels in the brain.
- In addition, it also has other health benefits including resistance from asthma, cramps in the muscles, strengthening of immune system, high BP, osteoporosis and cardiac conditions.
- Magnesium l–threonate has a relaxing effect, it relaxes the nerves and helps in preventing and alleviating seizures and other nerve associated issues.
- Magnesim l-threonate strengthens bones by enhancing bone density, reduces inflammation, improves sleep quality and clears the digestive tract.
- Magnesium I-threonate is a relatively new product and hence does not have long term evidence of its usage. This increases the significance of authentic research even more. A clinical trial performed holds substance to its credibility.
Clinical trial of Magnesium I-threonate
A published medical journal has provided some interesting insights and health benefits of Magnesium I-threonate. A study group consisting of elderly people with conditions of concentration, memory, sleep disorders and anxiousness were marked on 4 different facets – functioning memory, degressive memory, focus and executive functions. This comprised a number of skills that aid in forming goals, planning and execution. Subjects were administered with Magnesium I-threonate for 3 consecutive months and as expected it was identified that the level of magnesium had increased considerably. This resulted in the subject’s performance in all the four areas of tests. It also resulted in reduction of biological brain age. In other words, these subjects grew almost 10 years younger in their brain age. However, Magnesium I-threonate was less helpful with improving sleep, mood upliftment or reducing anxiety for that matter.
Study on animals for Magnesium I-threonate powder
Studies conducted on animals for Magnesium I-threonate had some interesting findings.
Anxiety disorder versus Magnesium I-threonate
Magnesium I-threonate is a superior form of magnesium that acts as a natural relaxant and it works by reduction of stress hormones, increasing the calming of the neurotransmitter GABA instead. It also aids in preventing the stress chemicals entering the brain. Testing Magnesium I-threonate on animals has proved that it could be a bane for helping with anxiety disorders, common phobias and post traumatic disorder.
Magnesium I-threonate versus Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Magnesium I-threonate is also known to treat dementia and Alzheimer’s disease as well. Rats and mice have been used in researching Alzheimer as their memory and development of the brain is similar to that of humans. Magnesium I-threonate has been found to help eliminate loss of memory and mental declination in rats.
There is a known association between reduced level of magnesium and memory loss. Increased levels of magnesium in diet results significantly in dementia. Research has hopes on many of the neuroprotective advantages tested on rodents that illustrate the probability of treating Alzheimer’s in humans.
Magnesium I-threonate versus learning and memorising
Rats when administered with Magnesium I-threonate made them smarter. They exhibited willingness to learn and improved working, in addition to short and long-term memories.
Evidences and support for Magnesium Threonate
An initial research on Magnesium threonate demonstrated; repairing of damaged chromosomes, increase in the level of magnesium in the brain compared to other types of magnesium, better functioning in the memory area and above all reformation of short-term memories. On consuming magnesium in any form in the body, it is expected to perform many activities that includes muscular functions, formation of proteins and fatty acids, activating B vitamins, clotting of blood, secreting insulin, and formation of ATP. In addition, magnesium acts as a stimulant for various enzymes across the body. It also helps in building up the immune system.
Selection of Magnesium I-threonate supplements
Make sure you check the labels carefully to ascertain that the supplement contains Magnesium I-threonate.
Recommended dosage of Magnesium I-threonate powder
The usual recommended intake of magnesium in men is 420 milligrams and in women it is 320 milligrams. However, this could vary depending on age. There is no particular recommended intake of Magnesium I-threonate. Although 1500 to 2000 milligrams per day should be a good way for practical cognitive benefits. A typical example of bestseller is Magtein that is patented for Magnesium I-threonate which has been experimented on animals as well. It consists of robust formulations using effective supplements.
The recommended dosage of Magnesium I-threonate are:
- Children below thirteen years – 80-240 milligram/day
- Females above fourteen years – 300 -360 milligram/day
- Males over fourteen years – 400-420 milligram/day
- Pregnant/ nursing women: 310- 400 milligram/day
While this may look like a large dosage, keep in mind that only a fraction gets absorbed. So, 2,000 milligram of Magnesium l-threonate will only deliver about 144 milligrams of elemental magnesium, which is roughly a third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance for magnesium.
Reasons for considering multiple sources of magnesium
There is nothing stopping you from considering multiple forms of magnesium like magnesium glycinate, citrate or gluconate. There are many formulations available over the counter for magnesium intake. The sign of identifying an over adequate intake of magnesium is loose stools and serve as a red signal.
How long does Magnesium l-threonate take to work?
Orally ingested Magnesium l-threonate has been reported to take at least one month to increase the brain magnesium levels to the required levels where it can address certain brain disorders, like depression, anxiety and age-related memory loss and have a significant effect on memory formation and brain functioning.
Side effects of Magnesium I-threonate
There are but very few known side effects of Magnesium I-threonate that includes drowsiness, headache, uncomfortable bowel movements and feeling nausea. A very common side effect known of magnesium supplement is upset digestive system. However, with Magnesium I-threonate, it should not occur as it is designed to be induced directly into the brain. If you are on any other medication, it is advisable to consult your doctor or a GP for better advice. Magnesium is not recommended for people with kidney ailments as these usually ingest out the magnesium from your body.
A real question is – should Magnesium I-threonate be taken with other magnesium supplements? If you are taking magnesium for digestive issues, try taking Magnesium I-threonate. If you start feeling constipated or loose stools, it would be prudent to switch back to magnesium on its own. Magnesium l-threonate with caffeine can enhance cognitive and physical performance but when relying on it, can result in the body withdrawing to tiredness, poor mental performance, and irritability if they are not continually taken. This is the reason of severe changes in mood in some people and their lack of interest and zeal to perform physical activities. Another frequently asked question is how much long would it take until you could notice the real change? Health experts recommend waiting at least 4 to 8 weeks before dropping your guns!
Who should not take Magnesium l-threonate?
- People having cardiac issues
- People who have uncontrolled high BP (≥ 140/90 mmHg)
- People having psychiatric disorder needing hospitalization in the past year
- People who have renal or hepatic impairment/disease
- People who suffer from Type I diabetes
- People who have unstable thyroid disease
- People with immune disorder such as Human Immunodeficiency Virus/ Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
- People engaged in drug or alcohol abuse in the past twelve months
- People suffering from carotid bruits, verified lacunes, transient ischemic attacks and significant pulmonary disease
- People with malignancy condition
- People with situations where the supplement could give rise to contraindication for positron emission tomography (PET) scan, including a stroke or heart attack in the past six months or inability to lie down for one hour
- People who are on medications that are prohibited to be taken along with magnesium supplements like blood thinners and antibiotics.
- People having allergy or sensitivity to any ingredient used in the supplement
- Women who are pregnant, lactating, or planning to conceive should consult doctor before taking this supplement
Choosing the right supplement: Magnesium l-threonate reviews
People suffering from sleep disorders and lack of focus use this supplement – Magnesium l-threonate packed with Vitamin – C threonate because it makes it higher in bioavailability in comparison to the other generic Magnesium l-threonate supplement. The supplement has the potential to cross the blood-brain barrier which provides adequate magnesium in the brain and enhances cognitive abilities. By combining magnesium with theanine and other vital minerals, the body can be provided with daily nutritional requirement without reducing other vitamins and minerals.
Magnesium l-threonate improves memory in an older person who is above 50 and suffering from dementia, Parkinson’s illness or weak neurological symptoms.
Daily use of the supplement improves memory, boosts cognitive and learning abilities by around eighteen percent within a time duration of thirty to sixty days. It creates a soothing and relaxing effect on the muscles and offers instant physical and cognitive booster.
Some people find it convenient to take this supplement in a pill form as there is a gelatin covering on the pills that are medium sized, easy to swallow and easy to digest. The pills coated in gelatin removes the toxins from the digestive system
The threonate content in the supplement eliminates physical and cognitive fatigue, promotes sleep by relaxing the body. Good sleep aids in preventing restless-leg syndrome (condition that causes an uncontrollable urge to move your legs) and lucid dreams.
When the supplement was taken for more than thirty days, it enhanced focus and alleviated mental fog and heightening cognitive abilities that resulted in increased focus and more productivity during work, while reading, studying or carrying out any physical activity.
The supplement should be taken with meals or before going to bed. The RDA is three to four capsules per day along with meals, but can be used after meals as well when the digestive tracts are very active during this time, giving quicker results.
The supplement has minimal side-effects. The adverse one includes upset stomach and mild ones are headaches or drowsiness. So, it can be said that Magnesium l-threonate is completely safe to be taken as a supplement on a daily basis with minimal to no bad side-effects.
Where can you buy Magnesium l-threonate?
Fortunately, many manufacturers, vendors and brands sell the amazing supplement – Magnesium I-threonate. It is easily available online as well and one need not struggle to buy it. However, one thing to keep in mind is that cheapest isn’t best. Always look for the best brand, a credible and reputable retailer and manufacturer, one whose manufacturing and storage process is certified
Magnesium l-threonate powder Australia
In Australia, the supplement is available in both powder and capsule form. The product is available as – Neuro-Mag Magnesium l-threonate Powder
Price – AUD 43.28
Supplement Facts about the product
Serving Size 1 scoop (approximately. 3.11 gram)
Servings Per Container about 30
Amount Per Serving
A single serving of the supplement (Neuro-Mag® Magnesium l-threonate) provides 2,000 milligram of magnesium l-threonate, which translates to 144 milligrams of ultra-absorbable elemental Mg. Brain readily absorbs the supplement for enhanced brain health and youthful cognition. The supplement aids in maintaining synaptic connections between brain cells and boosts healthy brain cell signaling pathways. It is a delicious, tropical fruit punch flavored powdered drink mix.
Citric acid, gum acacia, maltodextrin, natural flavors, stevia extract, silica.
Magnesium l-threonate powder Canada
In Canada, the supplement is available as – Naka Platinum Magnesium l-threonate
Price – CAD 46.99
Supplement facts about the product
Naka Pro’s Pro MG12 Magnesium l – threonate available as supplement in Canada has been shown to be the only form of magnesium that can increase levels of magnesium in the brain. Containing 144 milligrams of Mg and 2000 milligrams of magnesium l-threonate PRO MG12 may safeguard the brain from memory degradation and improve symptoms of early Alzheimer’s disease.
Amount per serving
Ingredients – Each dosage of 3 capsules contains Magnesium l-threonate 2000 milligram (144 milligram of elemental Mg)
Microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), hypromellose (capsule ingredient)., Contains NO added gluten, nuts, eggs, dairy products, fish or shellfish, animal products, corn, artificial colors or flavors, wheat or yeast.,
Magnesium l-threonate powder United Kingdom
In United Kingdom, the supplement is available in both powder and capsule form. It is the same product which is available in Australia.
Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place
Magnesium I-threonate – the next step
Magnesium is crucial for good physical health and mental wellbeing. The real therapeutic significance for mental health of magnesium is diverted by its incompetency to penetrate through the brain’s protective layer. Magnesium I-threonate is able to cope with this by getting directly into the desired brain regions. As most people suffer from cognitive disorders due to lack of magnesium in their body, it is definitely worth giving a shot to Magnesium I-threonate powder in improving the brain’s ability to cope with the problem.
The information provided is based on research materials and findings. This has not been approved by FDA and is not intended to identify, cure or prevent any ailment or health problems.
Given that the Food & Drug Administration doesn’t regulate supplements in a similar manner as it assesses and monitors drugs, one needs to look for brands certified by third parties, such as NSF International (an American product testing, inspection and certification organization), Labdoor, or Underwriters Laboratories, for safety and quality.
Last but not the least, consider avoiding supplements that contain any artificial ingredients, such as artificial colors, flavors and preservatives.
- Xu T, Li D, Zhou X, Ouyang HD, Zhou LJ, Zhou H, Zhang HM, Wei XH, Liu G, Liu XG. Oral Application of Magnesium-L-Threonate Attenuates Vincristine-induced Allodynia and Hyperalgesia by Normalization of Tumor Necrosis Factor-α/Nuclear Factor-κB Signaling. Anesthesiology. 2017 Jun;126(6):1151-1168. doi: 10.1097/ALN.0000000000001601. PubMed PMID: 28306698.
- Wang J, Liu Y, Zhou LJ, Wu Y, Li F, Shen KF, Pang RP, Wei XH, Li YY, Liu XG. Magnesium L-threonate prevents and restores memory deficits associated with neuropathic pain by inhibition of TNF-α. Pain Physician. 2013 Sep-Oct;16(5):E563-75. PubMed PMID: 24077207.
- Mickley GA, Hoxha N, Luchsinger JL, Rogers MM, Wiles NR. Chronic dietary magnesium-L-threonate speeds extinction and reduces spontaneous recovery of a conditioned taste aversion. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2013 May;106:16-26. doi: 10.1016/j.pbb.2013.02.019. Epub 2013 Mar 6. PubMed PMID: 23474371; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3668337.
- Magnesium L-Threonate Supplements: Benefits, Dosage, and Side Effects
Get bulk price